View Designer of UI classes fails - how to view/edit UI in source?

Topics: For MSE Developers
Sep 11, 2007 at 1:04 PM
I've downloaded and loaded the latest source into VS 2005 (Team Suite) SP1, and I'm trying to dig into the UI design (i.e. right-click on one of the .CS files, choose "View Designer") but it's failing with the following error:

"Warning 4 The designer could not be shown for this file because none of the classes within it can be designed."

This occurs for all the UI classes that I've tried so far, including MSE\FindBox.cs, MSE\InfoSelect.cs, MSE\MainGui.cs and MSE\PreferenceForm.cs.

Is there some setting in the Project that needs to be reconfigured, so that this code can be loaded properly in the VS Designer for these classes? How was it this WinForms app was originally developed? I'm assuming that though this was created by some really smart folks at Microsoft, they still edited the UI graphically, and didn't just write the raw UI code in Notepad. :) That *would* be badass, but c'mon...
Oct 24, 2007 at 4:06 AM
Coding the gui by hand would be pretty tedious.
I am unable to reproduce the problem you are having. When I load the solution the Designers load fine for all of the forms